Notions Pouch Sew Along!

2.07.2018

Hello Stitchers! There was a lot of interest in a sew along for my quilted notions pouch pattern, so let's do this! We're going to keep the sew along short and sweet, just like this little zippy bag! The SAL will run for one month, from February 19-March 16. That will include three weeks of sew along and one week for the wrap-up and grand prizes.

 retro mama | notions pouch sew along

The first thing you'll need is my Quilted Notions Pouch Sewing Pattern, which is 20% off from now until the sew along ends, yay!

(You will also need either a 6" or 8" zipper, everything else you will probably be able to find in your stash!)

I've got some incredible hosts lined up:

Week 1 February 19-25

Heidi @FabricMutt

Minki @zeriano


Week 2 February 26-March 4

Cat @tincatsew

Stephanie @sissybellesews


Week 3 March 5-11

Mary @SunnyDaySupply

Kim @robotmomsews


Week 4 March 12-16

Wrap-up and prizes on my blog and Instagram!

 flowers

Here are some gorgeous pouches that friends have already stitched up

 retro mama quilted notions pouch made by Minki Kimbag and photo by Minki

 retro mama quilted notions pouch made by coleandtaffybag and photo by Michelle

 retro mama quilted notions pouch made by bobbypinbanditbag and photo by Kristen

 retro mama quilted notions pouch made by sissybellesewsbag and photo by Stephanie

Here's what you need to do!

1) Follow me @retro_mama and all of the talented ladies above on Instagram, and consider following the hashtag #notionspouchSAL too so you can see everyone's projects, posts, and giveaways!

2) Post your photos on Instagram with the hashtags #notionspouchSAL and #retromamapattern to participate and be eligible for prizes. Please be sure that your account is public so we can see your projects, and I would love it if you would also tag me @retro_mama to be sure that I don't miss your photos! You may enter more than once if you make more than one notions pouch.

I will be blogging each week with a tutorial (including the patchwork version in the first photo), inspiration, and more info about the giveaways. I'm so excited to see all of the creative and adorable pouches that you will be sewing up!

In the meantime, grab your pattern now, gather up your favorite fabrics and notions, and get ready to sew!

Happy Stitching!
Kim

 retro mama | quilted notions pouch

 retro mama fabric stack

 retro mama notions pouch wip

8 comments:

  1. These pouches are so cute, looking forward to the sewalong! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to follow your blog and QAL but trying to read the pale gray font is impossible. You young girls have fun! Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I am really struggling to see it and really have trouble locating the links. They are practically invisible.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the feedback! I'm not a wiz at tweaking the blog template so I'm looking into getting a little help with darkening the text color :)

      Delete
    3. I figured it out! Black text and larger font size--hope that helps!! Happy Stitching! xo

      Delete
  3. How do I find the tutorial & photos? Ready to start sewing!

    ReplyDelete