Notions Pouch Sew Along Week 2

2.26.2018

Welcome to Week 2 of the Notions Pouch Sew Along! The first week was so fun and there were so many incredible pouches to see--I'm inspired by all of your creative patchwork and quilting, and how you are using those trims and buttons you've had stashed away! Prizes will be announced soon by @zeriano and @fabricmutt for the first week of entries! Read on for more notions pouch inspiration and new additions to the grand prize that will be awarded at the end of the sew along!

 retro mama button card zipper pouch

Riley Blake Designs generously sent several Mae Flowers prints from Lindsay Wilkes's new collection for me to play with. I've been dreaming about making a zipper pouch using sewing notions packaging as decoration and this week I've finally done it! Vintage buttons are a serious weakness of mine--I love old button cards so much that I decided to make my own!

 retro mama | fabric button card

 retro mama | vintage button card zipper pouch

The little price tag was inspired by my brilliant friends (who also happened to host the SAL last week)--Heidi's Five and Dime tag print, and Minki's sewing illustration style.

 retro mama | vintage button card zipper pouch

I broke out my trusty clear stamps for this project and now I want to stamp all the things! Be sure to use an ink pad designed for stamping on fabric and use an iron to heat set your work.

 retro mama | stamping on fabric

 flowers

And now for the prizes! Riley Blake Designs sent some gorgeous rolie polies for our grand prize and I am swooning...

 Riley Blake Designs Rolie Polies

First is Berkshire Garden by Lila Tueller. I am obsessed with the pear prints, they are too, too gorgeous!

 Berkshire Gardens by Lila Tueller for Riley Blake Designs

 Berkshire Gardens by Lila Tueller for Riley Blake Designs

And the sweet, vintage-y Mae Flowers

 Mae Flowers by Linsday Wilkes for Penny Rose Fabrics

 Mae Flowers by Lindsay Wilkes for Penny Rose Fabrics

 flowers

If you'd like to join in the sew along it's not too late, there are still 3 weeks to go! You can find the pattern in my Etsy shop, discounted until the end of the SAL! Up this week:

Week 2 February 26-March 4

Cat @tincatsew

Stephanie @sissybellesews

Simply follow me, Cat, and Stephanie on Instagram, and post your notions pouch photos with the hashtags #notionspouchSAL and #retromamapattern

I can't wait to see the creative pouches that this week will bring!

 retro mama | vintage button card notions pouch

Happy Stitching!
Kim

4 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, your notions pouch is adorrrrrable. It is the sweetest thing ever!
    I would love to join this sew along but..... , I am "over extended" right now taking care of my daddy and being a gramma, sewing little baby things, and keeping house for hubbs.
    These rolie polies are just making me drool. Best wishes for the winner.
    I am enjoying following along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment, Rosemary! So glad you're following along! It can be so tough to squeeze in everything that you want to do, especially when you're caretaking. I hope you get a little quiet time for yourself soon :)

      Delete
  2. Un monedero bonito y original ,la etiqueta preciosa ,y las telas son una maravilla !!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete